We Gujaratis are attached to food. We love all kinds of cuisine and are absolutely crazy for traditional home cooked food. From cheese stuffed veg puffs to Handvo and Kothmir ni chutney, the Food Industry gives us a thousand reasons to shun weight management.. Following are the 10 reasons that prove it’s impossible to lose weight in Gujarat:
1) Other states: Eat to Live. Gujarat: Live to Eat. (Khao Pivo ane Jalsa Karo)
2) Our morning jogging/walks is followed by a high calorie breakfast at the vendors outside the Joggers’ Park. ( Savar savar ma jogging kari ne cha pivani khub maja ave, pan cha jode kaink nashto to joyej ne)
3) Our daily supplement in every Season
- Summer: Keri no ras/ Srikhand
- Winter: Adadiyu/Gundar Pak/Raab
- Monsoon: Dalwada/ (Uni uni rotli ane karela nu shaak )
4) When we go back to home on vacation, the entire khaandaan is ready to shove ghar ka khaana down our throats (Ema pan bapore daal bhat ane raate kadhi khichdi hoi to biju su joye)
5) Rasoi Show is our Master Chef. Mom’s favourite pass-time is preparing new dishes, from different RASOI SHOWS. (Bhakri Pizza, Angoori Thepla, Chinese dhokla).
6) We get delicious food when we visit our relatives, also we get delicious food when some relatives visit us specially our mama Maasi, Kaka Kaaki, Foi Fuva, Maasi no Chokro … and it goes on and on.
7) There’s at least an entire street chock-blocked with food every city of Gujarat. (Like Amdavad nu Manek Chowk, Rajkot ni khau gali)
8) Food is not just food for us. It is a way of life. We love/hate people based on their food choices. We instantly become friends with those who love food and together, we explore new places to satisfy our hunger pangs.
9) Food makes festivals fun for us. Undhiya wagar Uttarayan ni ane fafda jalebi vagar Dushhera ni majaa adhuri ray jaay.
10) Every foodshop has “amaari biji koi shaakha nathi” written on them, which is confirmation they are not owned by them. Have aapde ek na tya jaiye ne bija na tya na jaiye to bija ne kevu khotu laage. Etle aapde manaavta ni drashti ae banne dukaane jai aaviye.
Like, Share and Comment 🙂