Driving in Gujarat is entertaining and you possibly might learn a few new things. If impatience and cuss words are your virtues, you will relate to this segment a little too well. Here are 12 wacky things you can relate to while driving in Gujarat..
1) We don’t wear a helmet for any safety but to save 100 bucks.
2) It is everybody’s “Baapa no rasto”. From car drivers, two-wheelers, pedestrians and street vendors.
3) The Traffic Police’s presence is no more limited to Chaar Rastaas..
4) We hate people who drive cars with an L symbol on them, “Bey aa lokone gaadi chalavta to avadtu nathi ane su nikdi padta hase”.
5) Everybody is great at driving. “Gamme te hoi, driving ma aapda jevu Judgement koinu pan naa ave”.
6) We all have one friend who overtakes other vehicles like a boss. “Cut maarta to tamnej aavde, Boss!.”
7) And then we all know that one person who is an expert at giving instructions. “Joine Chalav” “A jo gaadi aavi” “Baka Shanti thi” “Koi utavad nathi aapde”, etc and we end up snapping “Shanti thi besi reh, mane chalavta naa sikhvadis”.
8) Everyone on the road is our enemy. “Aavi ja Aavi ja, Maruj Vaahan Malyu Marva Maate”.
9) Long discussions to patao a friend for Tran Savari who keeps saying “Tran Savari nai, Bike ni Pattar Ragday Jase”.
10) We hate people who overtake us. “Aa agad jai ne pade to maja ave, uthava pan na jau”.
11) Tholas and Mamus are on high alert these days. So the basic things required when we go out are, License, RC book, PUC, Insurance papers, Seat belts, helmet if we are on a two wheeler and a 100 rupee note because none of the above things are going to save your wallet from the Traffic Police.
12) People get creative when it comes to inking their vehicles..
*This post was made on a funny note and we mean no offence to anyone, especially the Gujarat Traffic Police. We respect and commend them on the work they are doing.
Like, Share and Comment 🙂