We all have pet names ! Cities of Gujarat are no exception !!
All the cities have a name but locals pronounce it with twist. Here’s a list of Gujarati cities which are pronounced differently by locals,
1. Ahmedabad, nobody says Ahmedabad its only “Amdavad“. “Bakaaa Amdavad ma ave to fone karje”
2. Baroda / Vadodara: Yeah Barodians are surely unaware of how magically they say Baroda as “Boada”.
5: Navsari: Tame Surat ne “Hurat” kevo ane Valsad ne “Valhaad” to ame Navhari vada a hu guno kairo ?
6. Gandhinagar: Capital city hoi to su thayu, ame to “Godhinagar” vada.
7. Panchmahal: Yes locals and Dahod and Panchmahal says “Panchmaal”.
8. Rajkot: The sweetest city of Gujarat. “Jo ela Raijkot to avuj pade“. (In a Kathiyawadi tone)
9: Surendranagar: Be aatlu Lambu name kevi rite bolvu??
10: Sabarkantha: With a pure North Gujarat tone “Habarkontha”.
11. Mahesana: Su Mahesana?? Bhai aa che GJ2, “Mehona” kevay 😀
If you or your friends are from any of the above cities, ask them to speak and they will say the exact words 🙂
Thanks for viewing 🙂
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @thegujjugyan